Friday, April 04, 2014

Nothing but a heartache.


As previously mentioned the plan is to occasionally do posts about music - reviews, tips, informative articles etc - in the future. But I figured I'll start it off easy with simply posting a video of what in my opinion is not only one of the best soul songs ever, but in fact one of the best songs ever period. This about sums up what I love about soulmusic in somewhat less then three minutes.
As someone (I can't remember who) once put it:
"Upbeat music with really dark lyrics". If you add "with a perfect popmelody and a great beat" to that description The Flirtations  wonderful Nothing But A Heartache is what you get.

This might have been posted on here before, but if so that was back when I wrote in swedish...and it's definetely worth posting again either way.

I'm sure many of you will have heard it before, at least if you're the least bit into soulmusic, especially the northern soul kind. If you for some reason haven't: you're in for somewhat less than three minutes of pure soul/pop perfection.

Song of the day:

The Flirtations - Nothing But A Heartache

No comments: